1. Social brands don’t just send messages, they create value for people and communities.
2 Social brands are happy to exchange rigid control of their brand for greater involvement with people.
3 Social brands manage their brands in a more human context. It is less about the word of the brand guidelines and more about the spirit of the brand, often replacing formality around tone of voice in favour of expressing brand character, values, purpose and cause.
4. The types of content that social brands can create categorised as providing information, utility, entertainment, reward, incentive or something that reflects a person’s character and what they value. Brands are still totems to what we believe, reflecting our personality.
5. Timeliness of response is a critical indicator of social enablement. Social brands are agile and responsive to the needs of people, relishing opportunities as they arise.
6. Being appropriate in social doesn’t mean using a lot of brand outposts. The use of brand outposts is driven by what is most relevant for the community.
7. Negative and positive sentiment is acknowledged and accepted by social brands
8. Social brands create, develop and encourage behaviours that mirror community or individual behaviours. They meet and exceed expectations, often delighting people in doing so.
9. Social brands are true, compelling, authentic and transparent.
10. Social brands simplify their intent and continually act against it. They have established what they want to achieve and ensure everything builds towards this commitment. To be a social brand you have to be a good brand, a good employer, make good products, provide good customer service and have a moral centre to your purpose by those that represent you.
We all need a pick me up from time to time.
There’s something about inspirational and wise quotes that gets your mind churning and thinking about the positive instead of the negative.
1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
We will always be afraid of doing new things and having new experiences, but it isn’t until we do what we most fear that we truly come alive. Look back into your life when you faced and overcame your fears and did something you were scared of.
It felt amazing, didn’t it?
2. “If you hear a voice within you say “you canbnot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent van Gogh
Never let yourself or anyone else say that you cannot do something. You alone determine the limitations that you set upon yourself.If you want to do something, just do it. Get rid of negative friends and destroy your inner critic that tells you that you cannot do something. You are a genius, you can do anything you want to do.
3. “Fall seven times, stand up eight!” – Japanese Proverb
Life is about failing and learning from your mistakes. If you want a truly happy and successful life, you have to be willing to stand up and never give up. Truly successful people are positive and they know that each failure gets them closer to their goals.
Failures are nothing but mere stepping stones to success.
4. “To change one’s life; Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions.” – William James
Never put off what you can do today. If you want a fulfilling and passionate life, start moving toward it, even if it means beginning by writing down what you want.
Most people put off their goals because they can’t see how they could reach them. What matters is not how you are going to get there, but that you’re moving in the right direction every single day.
5. “Life is either daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
Take life by the horns, conquer your fears and live your life as a daring adventure. If you settle down and think mediocrity is good enough, you will soon regret your decision.
Think about what you want to accomplish and go after it. Make the choice that you will not give up before you have it. You can make your wildest dreams come true, if you’ll just have the courage to go after them.
6. “Realize that true happiness lies within you.” – Lucian
It is not the stuff that we have but what goes on inside that makes us truly happy. If you want to feel happy inside, start working on yourself.
Begin listening to personal development audio courses. Read books. Attend seminars. Do whatever it takes to increase the happiness you feel inside.
You cannot control anything outside of yourself, so you might as well start with what you can control, which are the thoughts you think.
7. “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
You are here for a reason. We all came to this planet to contribute as human beings.Most people forget who they truly are, and end up thinking that this life is all there is to it. Never forget who you are and the amazing things you are capable of.
You have gifts to share. Discover what they are and share them with the world.
8. “Your work is to discover your work and then, with all your heart, to give yourself to it.” – Buddha
9. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Robert Anthony
Most blame external circumstances when it is they who hold themselves back from success, prosperity, and happiness in life. If you want success, start by eliminating the negative beliefs you have about yourself.
You have the choice between feeling happy or unhappy. What do you choose?
10. “There is no man living that can not do more than he thinks he can.” – Henry Ford
There’s a reason why most of these quotes focus on what we think and believe about ourselves. The thoughts we think shape our reality. Successful and happy people are those that are positive and always thinking about solutions instead of problems.
11. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”– Dr. Forrest C. Shaklee
It’s time to take control of your destiny and think about what you truly want. Are you in a job you love? Is your life heading in the direction you want? Is your body in great shape? Is your health where you want it to be?
Everything you do shapes your future, so make sure you’re creating the future you want.
“Goddamn it, an entire generation pumping gas. Waiting tables. Slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won’t. We’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off.”—Fight Club